The 25 Principles of Bau-biologie,BY Anton Schneider ph.D
1. A building site shall be geologically undisturbed.
2. Residential homes are best located away from industrial centers and
main traffic routes.
3. Housing shall be developed in a decentralized and loose manner interlaced
with sufficient green space.
4. Housing and developments shall be personalized, in harmony with nature,
fit for human habitation and family oriented.
5. Natural and unadulterated building materials shall be used.
6. Walls, floors and ceilings shall be diffusible and hygroscopic.
7. Indoor air humidity shall be regulated naturally.
8. Air pollutants need to be filtered and neutralized.
9. An appropriate balance of thermal insulation and heat retention is needed.
10. The air and surface temperatures of a given room need to be optimized.
11. A heating system shall feature radiant heat using as much (passive)
solar heat as possible.
12. The total moisture content of a new building shall be low and dry out
13. A building shall have a pleasant or neutral smell. No toxins shall
14. Light, lighting and color shall be in accord with natural conditions.
15. Protective measures against noise pollution as well as infrasonic and
ultrasonic vibrations need to be human oriented.
16. Only building materials with little or preferably no radioactivity
shall be used.
17. The natural balance of atmospheric electricity and ion concentration
shall be maintained.
18. The Earth’s natural magnetic field shall not be altered or distorted.
19. Man-made electromagnetic radiation shall be eliminated (or reduced
as much as possible).
20. Cosmic and terrestrial radiation is essential and shall be interfered
with as little as possible.
21. Interior and furniture design shall be based on physiological findings.
22. Harmonic measures, proportions and shapes need to be taken into consideration.
23. The production, installation and disposal of building materials shall
not contribute to environmental pollution and high energy costs.
24. Building activities shall not contribute to the exploitation of non-renewable
and rare resources.
25. Building activities shall not cause a rise in social and medical costs.
Institute for Bau-biologie™ and Ecology, Inc. (IBE) is a 501 (c) 3 non-profit educational organization
whose mission brings together design methods and technology to provide the
information needed to create healthy homes and workplaces. This knowledge
will raise awareness, provide tools for solutions, and promote effective ecological
practices for our future generations.